<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

My beautiful desk

Thud, thud, thud...

That's the sound of my head banging against my faux wood desk surface. Take ownership in your work, says my supervisor while the "suits" tell me how to design a brochure.

My desk and I have a unique relationship. Never revealing words I've muttered, nor phone conversations with vendors about unassuming "suits," my desk silently listens without response and faithfully holds a chalice of caffeinated elixir. My beloved, cheap, warped desk hides my bouncing leg while I listen with "interested" expression to a young marketing associate informing me the best way to make a marketing campaign look more attractive (as if that college degree in graphic design really wasn't worth the paper it was printed on).

Thud, thud, thud...

Oh, my beautiful desk, my forehead embraces you!

  1. Blogger mike | 2:38 PM, November 18, 2004 |  

    ah yes, i remember those days. my desk now has a glass top. head banging might prove fatal.

  2. Blogger 1000 black lines | 10:59 AM, November 19, 2004 |  

    Glad to know I'm not alone in graphic design purgatory.

leave a response