<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Old drawings and memories


The Puritan
Discovering a dozen old drawings brought a mix of memories and disappointment. Most of the 12 drawings were done in 10 to 20 minutes during an advanced drawing class at the university more than a decade ago.

I remember spending hours in the studio drawing models. I miss those days. Now I rely heavily on photo reference for drawings I'm currently developing. There's something about using live models that adds attitude or something to the final sketch or drawing; maybe its added depth of character or emotional resonance.

If I remember correctly, this model is from one of the Gulf Coast states and eventually married on of the art students in the advanced drawing class.

I'm wondering what to do with these drawings. I thought of selling them, but my wife and I can't decide how much to ask for old sketches. I think the measure 18"x24" and vary from graphite, charcoal and marker drawings. Got any advice?

Tags: [, , , , ]

  1. Blogger Faith | 4:40 PM, March 15, 2006 |  

    I purchased so me new art supplies that finally arrived today.

leave a response