<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Writing freelance design project proposals suck swamp water

I mean, like how tepid can business-speak really get:
Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for the opportunity to submit my proposal for your book cover design project. Enclosed please find all information relative to my skills and experience, as well as a plan for project implementation, cost, and time estimates.

In reviewing your project description, I was excited to learn that you are seeking a freelance designer to help you with the book cover designs. In addition to my ten years of design experience, I also have published and designed a few books with small publishers. Please view samples to get a feel for how I may be able to help you.

If selected for the project, I would like to begin with a meeting to discuss the creative direction and book cover copy generated to date. From there, I would like to map out a strategy suited to our dual efforts that will illustrate each phase of the project through its completion.

Given your desire to create a quality book cover designs suitable for publication, I submit a proposed cost estimate of $___.__ (Based on a recent cover designed for a local publication. The time needed to complete this project was 6 hours and the final cost was $___.__. While I am not aware of the full scope of your needs regarding graphics and illustrations, I hope this example gives you an idea of my pricing and time estimates.) and a time frame to completion of a month.

For the proposed cost, I will provide you with a 48-hour turnaround on up to three revisions. In addition, I propose that we utilize __________'s Escrow and Mediation and Arbitration services to protect our mutual investment.

Please feel free to contact me by telephone at (___) ___-____ or by email at _____@_____.com. I look forward to speaking with you about this exciting project.

Sincerely,

Coffeehouse Junkie
I'm surprised anyone gets design gigs using this kind of formal business writing. Face-to-face meetings, hand-shakes and general review of portfolio and discussion of project objectives is my preferred new business strategy.

leave a response