<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Here I Go Again

Over the last two weeks I've been exploring, researching popular music during the late '80s and early '90s for a short story I am writing for a literary journal. The theme is 1991. Here's a flashback to the era: Whitesnake - Here I Go Again.

  1. Anonymous DM | 12:07 PM, November 21, 2006 |  

    There are certain mainstream 80's artists that were really good and really talented but were cursed with hitting their prime in an era obsessed with flouresent spandex and aquanet. Cyndi Lauper was one. Living Colour (the band) was another. Yet another was these guys I think. Even though I am an indy music whore, I still have fondness for arena rock (most of us do if we're honest).

    Watching this video distracts from what a great song it really was. You can tell the difference between the 80's bands that truly lived music (despite the cheese inherent in the decade) and others that merely used music as a vehicle for other things.

    I suppose the same can be said of any decade of music really.

  2. Blogger 1000 black lines | 12:22 PM, November 21, 2006 |  

    I'm with you on Living Colour, DM. I'm a big indy music snob myself, but when I revist some of these '80s bands I'm blown away with their craftsmanship especially when it comes to the power ballads of Whitesnake, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi.

leave a response