<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

OK, this is odd

Confession number 1:
Last night I got a message on my voice mail from former President Clinton reminding me to vote for Democratic candidates. If it wasn't for the fact that it was a recorded message I would have been more excited. And he didn't even leave a return number. That's the annoying thing about it. I still voted. I'd still like to return his call and at least thank him for calling my home.

Confession number 2:
Today, as I entered Westend Bakery, a woman (Caucasian, early to mid forties, wavy chestnut colored hair) said, "You're wearing a tie. You're not welcomed here." I looked down and sure enough--a tie hung from my neck. I tied it myself--thank you. Since she does not work at the Bakery, doesn't know me and conveyed her observation/opinion in a rather rude manner, I smiled instead of held the door for her. In spite of the insult I should have held the door open for her. If you see her, please apologize for my rudeness.

  1. Blogger Edgy Mama | 5:09 PM, November 07, 2006 |  

    When Clinton called our house, E-spouse handed me the phone and said, "I think he'd rather talk to you."

    No ties in the West End? That's ridiculously rude. I was there today too, after lunch. I forgot to ask if they have wireless yet.

  2. Blogger 1000 black lines | 5:25 PM, November 07, 2006 |  

    We must have missed each other. I left after lunch as well.

    Last I heard WE doesn't have wireless, though I did see a lot of laptops in use.

  3. Blogger Brian | 9:24 AM, November 09, 2006 |  

    I think everyones missing the real confession here.

    You were wearing a tie???

  4. Blogger 1000 black lines | 9:37 AM, November 09, 2006 |  

    Brian,

    Yes. I do consulting work and was meeting a client.

  5. Blogger Samurai | 11:35 AM, November 09, 2006 |  

    How do you do? I've started my blog about Japanese culture arts. I appriciate if you link to my site since I would like many people to know Japanese culture. Thank you!

leave a response