<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Anyone planning to attend the Handlebar show?

The first time I heard this song (see YouTube vid) it had not been recorded yet. That's one thing I like about Over the Rhine--their music haunts me even when it isn't playing on the stereo.

I've been waiting to hear that song again, but I missed the show here in Asheville due to sick children. Further, friends have lived with me for the last two weeks as they prepared to depart Asheville (yes, yet more people I know who are migrating away from the future home of The Ellington). They left after dark during OtR's performance at The Grey Eagle.

OtR is scheduled to play at the Handlebar tomorrow.

  1. Blogger juniperflux | 8:02 PM, November 01, 2007 |  

    I've been wondering if you ever made it to the show. In truth, I don't know much about OtR other than I consistently see them compared to Innocence Mission (a band I absolutely adore). I keep checking back to see if you'll post more about it.

    Until then.
    j

  2. Blogger 1000 black lines | 9:35 PM, November 05, 2007 |  

    No, I never made it to the show(s). Real bummed about it... OtR played minutes from my house... and still I could not attend... Innocence Mission is another great band that I would like to see as well... and David Bazan was here last night (doesn't sound like anything like OtR or IM) and Derek Webb will be in town tomorrow night...

    I used to live in a place where one had to drive hours to see a live band. Now I live in a place where great bands play almost every night and I can't attend a single show. Weird, huh?

  3. Blogger juniperflux | 6:23 AM, November 08, 2007 |  

    No... it just sounds like how life works. Sometimes, when things are readily available, we make less of an effort to procure them than we would were they more scarce.

    *shrugs*

    j

leave a response