<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6736792\x26blogName\x3d1000+Black+Lines\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://1000blacklines.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1513283592623172668', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

1000 Black Lines

:: digital coffee stains on the paper of the blogosphere ::

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Back to work

I spent most the week dodging meetings and avoiding personnel contact so I could design magazine ads for a product I am producing that isn't available yet. And that book design I finished was supposed to go to press but someone keeps asking me for the sales numbers and something on the e-commerce site doesn't look right. But it is. So now I have to tell that someone that the e-commerce site is doing what it is supposed to do. Now a customer from somewhere who bought something wants it priority shipped to somewhere and I'm thinking "I'll never get this book to the printers if I have to answer another question."

So I put on my Koss headphones, select my iTunes playlist Java Japoozi and refuse to acknowledge phone calls and emails and the consultant who keeps hovering around my door. In defeat, I realize the book will not go to the printers this week. Which means the product launch is delayed and the revenue that accompanies it.

Ever have one of those weeks that eats your soul and spits out the hull of your flesh? I feel like cardboard house in a Midwest ice storm... "like reading a book in reverse." [shameless The Shins quote] I jus' lurve slurpin' pixels across the screen and spillin' 'em into PDF ads. [lisnen t' King's of Leon singin' "Fans"]

Labels: , , ,

leave a response